Business Value Driven Development / Customer Focused Delivery Workshop
Business value driven development (BVDD) focuses on effectively delivering business value by following lean principles. Business value can be increased revenues or decreased costs. For customer-facing software, business value typically involves customer-focused delivery – such as developing things that increase customer satisfaction. BVDD concentrates on delivering value as quickly as possible. It involves measuring business value and tracking its progress. BVDD breaks up software changes into small releasable items and sequences these items to deliver the most value in the quickest manner. It also deals with the impact of these changes on all stakeholders, e.g. the customer, marketing, and customer service.
This course helps participants to create small change sets that can be efficiently delivered. You will learn how to:
- Break up large epics into releasable items
- Estimate business value for the items
- Sequence items for maximum business value delivery
- Manage impacts on non-development groups.
Ken Pugh, author of Lean-Agile Acceptance Test-Driven Development: Better Software Through Collaboration.
Customers, product managers, product owners, business analysts, subject matter experts, high level technical leads.
- Releasable changes
- Decomposition into minimum sets (MVP, MMF, MBI)
- Tracking decomposition
- Applying business values to changes
- Customer satisfaction
- Economic measures
- Business doneness tests
- Check for delivery of business value
- How to test it
- When to test
- Changes on other parts of the organization
- Sequencing changes
- Determining most effective sequence
- Prioritization, Weighted Shortest Job First
Workshop materials are provided at the start of the class.
ROOM SETUP AND EQUIPMENT
Flip chart or whiteboards for each 4 attendees
Flip chart and whiteboard for the instructor
A projector with screen
Ken Pugh, Inc. 732 Ninth Street #695, Durham, NC 27705.
Course copyright © 2007-2017 Ken Pugh
Leslie Killeen 919-490-6335